Safety is our first priority!
The event will enjoy a full service of vehicle support. The rides outside Qatar Foundation will be supported with police cars and lead vehicles in front of each ride to ensure the route is correct and clear. There will also be support vehicles along the route which will also include tech-support from our local bike shops. Backup vehicles will be available at the back end of the ride behind the last cyclists to assist anyone that cannot continue due to any unforeseen reasons. Medical services will also be present with ambulance vehicles behind each ride group and near start/finish area.
The Family ride and Kiddies events in Qatar Foundation will be executed in a closed circuit, free of vehicles. Medical services will also be present.
- • NO Helmet, NO Ride, NO TT Bikes permitted
• Look, Think, Communicate…
- • Please follow the route at all times.
- • Do not leave the route and always ride in the direction of travel.
- • Only cycle on the road (not sidewalks or grass areas).
- • Do not make any unnecessary stops on the route.
- • The route will not be completely closed for general traffic, but there will be Police and Traffic assistance with support vehicles on route for the Ride of Champions, please be careful when crossing intersection and look out for event vehicles that may be on route for safety or other reasons, as well as pedestrians that may be attempting to cross the route.
- • Always look out for hidden bends, curbs, bollards, potholes and other dangers.
- • Keep a safe distance from other riders on the route.
- • Please be patient with other riders. The roads may be crowded, especially at the start.
- • Ride on the right-hand side of the route and use the left-hand side of the route when overtaking slower cyclists.
- • Never undertake (pass on right side) other riders and be careful when overtaking.
- • Be conscious of other riders and communicate your actions so they are aware if you are slowing, stopping, pulling-out to pass, overtaking or pulling-in having completed an overtake.
- • Don’t use your phone. Though we all love our music and to take photos and snap, post and tweet them, please limit this to before and after you complete during the event.
YOU DON’T HAVE FULL CONTROL OF YOUR BIKE WHEN YOU ARE USING YOUR PHONE AND YOU CAN’T HEAR WHAT’S GOING ON WHEN LISTENING TO MUSIC.